The Springfield High School Counseling Department has chosen to adopt the collaboratively created Mission, Vision, and Beliefs of the Robertson County School Counseling Program as our own in order to maintain consistency within Robertson County.
The Mission of the Springfield High School Counseling Department, in partnership with community stakeholders, is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of every student in our school.
The Vision of the Springfield High School Counseling Department is to empower and equip every student to develop the social/emotional, academic, and college/career readiness skills necessary to achieve their full potential now and throughout life.
Communication--We believe that purpose driven communications should be student centered, while respecting confidentiality. Communication to stakeholders should be consistent and open in order to foster continued growth of all students and their communities.
Collaboration--We believe in utilizing collaboration to promote a positive school climate among students, parents, faculty, administrators, and community stakeholders to increase student achievement and growth.
Trust--We believe that establishing trusting relationships with all stakeholders is essential to the success of the home, school, and community alliance.
Purpose--We believe students are our first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of all students.
The Professional School Counselors at SHS provide the following services:
- Individual and group counseling to help students with educational planning, social development, and school or personal problems
- College and career information, scholarships, and financial aid
- Test administration and interpretation
- Class registration, orientation, and placement of students
- Graduation coaching
- Career and vocational counseling
- Organization and maintenance of student records
- Assistance to students, parents, teachers, and agencies concerning students and programs
- Provide information regarding resources offered by various agencies
- Referrals to outside persons and agencies as necessary
Stop by if you just need someone to speak with, to listen, to give advice, or to simply swap smiles.